We sponsor frequent field trips and tours for mineral, rock and fossil collection. We participate in the North Bay Field Trip cooperative. Field trip listings are published monthly in our bulletin. Further information and maps are available at our monthly general meeting.
Study groups are formed as member interest dictates. We have had study groups in faceting, beading, carving as well as in mineral identification and lapidary. New groups form as needed.
An extensive library of books and video tapes covering most facets of the hobby and earth sciences is available to our members.
The Founder’s Day Picnic and Installation Dinner are two of our traditional social events.
The general meetings are devoted primarily to interesting educational programs, short committee reports and member exhibits. Club business is transacted at the board of directors’ meetings held on the Thursday following the general meeting.
Guests are always welcome at our meetings, study groups and field trips. Directions are on the About Us page.
Membership and Dues
If you find the meetings interesting, we invite you to join the society.
- Dues are $20 per year plus a $5 initiation fee per adult.
- Applications for membership may be made after attending 2 regular meetings within a 12 month period.
- Junior (under 18 years of age) dues are $5 per year plus a $2 initiation fee.
- Juniors must be sponsored and accompanied by an active adult member.
- The dues for the entire household is $30 per year (if cheaper).
- Dues are due June 1st of each year.
… is on the About Us page.
The Santa Clara Valley Gem and Mineral Society is a member of:
- California Federation of Mineralogical Societies (CFMS)
- American Federation of Mineralogical Societies (AFMS)
- North Bay Field Trip (NBFT) cooperative